Almond-Coconut Rice Pudding
This rich and creamy dish is the ideal comfort food, and completely vegan! Coconut milk and cinnamon add some decadence that pairs perfectly with fresh almond milk. Top with fresh mangoes and toasted coconut, or your favorite fruit and toasted nuts. Delicious hot or cold, for breakfast or dessert, this yummy rice pudding is sure to please!
2 cups Original Lux Milk (substitute Sweetened or Vanilla Lux Milk and add less sugar; see below)
2 cups water
3/4 cup white rice (we used arborio)
1/3 cup sugar (reduce to 1/4 cup if using Sweetened or Vanilla Lux Milk)
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
1/2 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Toasted, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Simmer Lux Milk, water, rice, and sugar over medium heat
- Cook until thickened, stirring frequently, about 20 min.
- Stir in coconut milk, cinnamon, and salt
- Cook until creamy, stirring occasionally, 10-15 min.
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with fresh chopped mangoes and toasted coconut
- E N J O Y !